I don’t know if God rides a bike or not, but I’m pretty sure He’s out there with me when I do. The evidence is overwhelming.
- He’s there every time I witness beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
- He was there when I biffed on the road while climbing the mountain. I’m pretty sure he pushed me out of harm’s way.
- He was there to help Charlton find my cash/ID pack and save my epic ride.
- He’s there showing me beauty where I thought there was none (think Nebraska).
- He’s there when I feel just enough soreness to feel alive and like I really worked hard, but not enough to stop altogether.
- He sends angels to watch over me.
- He reminds me how wonderful my friends and family are.
- He protected my bike when I wasn’t smart enough to secure it to the bike rack before taking off in the RV.
- He sends comfort, food and shelter at just the right times and in all the right places.
- He puts smiles on our faces even when we’re not really feeling it.
- He speaks to me through signs.
His majesty is everywhere!
John Muir once said about hiking – “I don’t like either the word or the thing. People ought to saunter in the mountains – not hike! Do you know the origin of that word ‘saunter?’ It’s a beautiful word. Away back in the Middle Ages people used to go on pilgrimages to the Holy Land, and when people in the villages through which they passed asked where they were going, they would reply, ‘A la sainte terre,’ ‘To the Holy Land.’ And so they became known as sainte-terre-ers or saunterers. Now these mountains are our Holy Land, and we ought to saunter through them reverently, not ‘hike’ through them.”
I too, saunter, just on a bike (Mr. SAG would say “wander”). Everywhere I ride is Holy Land and I am in awe!
4 thoughts on “Does God Ride a Bike?”
Love it! So beautifully said and so wonderfully true ❤️
Our God is so great! Thanks for the reminder!
Love it! Thanks for sharing your husband last week! Totally feel like the Arnold’s and Team Katie are family!
Deb Heuer Jeremiah 29:11 ________________________________
LikeLiked by 1 person
We totally are! 🙂 Thanks for responding to Vegas. I heard you all did some really good work there!